Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our ER Visit


On September 17th, Tyler's school called and asked us to come and get him b/c he was running a fever. We never imagined that we would end up in the Emergency Room before the weekend was over, but it did. Over a two day period his fever went up to 103.5 and I want to say it went up to 104, but it is all a haze and almost long forgotten. Once it hit 103.5 we were told that we should head to the doctor. We were in the local Pri Med, and had just been taken to see the doctor when Tyler began to have a seizure. I was holding this little boy, and all I can remember is feeling speechless and helpless. It was like a dream where you are being hurt and you have lost your voice. Luckily Jamison was there, and he took control of the situation and yelled down the hall for the doctors and nurses. The ambulance was called and I kept thinking to myself, we could have been at the hospital by now since it was just right across the street. I didn't realize that we would have to go the hospital located across town. Since he was so young and the fact that it was a seizure they sent him there. In that case, I was glad that we had to take the ambulance. We would have never made it in the time that they did (Kudos to our ambulance team).


Tyler and I both had our first ride in the ambulance. I couldn't ride in the back with him, and I was very surprised that he didn't pitch a fit being separated from both Jamison and I. He did great.


We arrived at the hospital, received a series of tests including a CT scan and all was clear. It appears that the seizure was caused by the fever. Needless to say he returned to our normal outgoing boy before the night was over. The picture is of us as we were leaving the ER at 11:51 PM.


No comments: